Back to school time is a busy one! You’ve gotten new backpacks and sneakers and are stockpiling school supplies, snacks and lunch fixings.
What about a back-to-school dental visit?
Start your student right with a cleaning and oral exam. Early detection and prevention of tooth and gum problems can help avoid pain, difficulty speaking and eating and even school absences that may be necessary to take care of dental cavities.
What We Look for at a Back-to-School Check-Up
- Overall oral health. We will examine your child’s mouth for tooth and gum health as well as checking that the bite is correct. We’ll check on the status of baby teeth and erupting adult teeth and look for future orthodontic issues.
- Cavities. Our exam will look closely for any sign of dental decay. If any is present, we will discuss the appropriate treatments.
- Cleaning. Even with excellent oral care that includes brushing and flossing every day, bacteria that can lead to cavities can still lurk in remote places. Our professional cleaning will remove decay-causing bacteria, stimulate gum tissue and remove stains.
- X-Rays. When necessary, we will take x-rays using digital radiography to look for hidden tooth decay and to see how your child’s teeth are developing.
- Bring any mouthguard. We will be happy to check a mouthguard for the correct fit as well as any wear and tear.
- Sealants and fluoride treatments. As is appropriate for each child, we will discuss applying sealants and fluoride treatments to help protect the teeth against decay.
Call Now for Your Child’s Dental Check-Up
If you have been busy with summer fun and vacations, you may have forgotten to make that all-important back-to-school check-up appointment. Call us soon as our August appointment schedule is very busy!
We will try our best to get your child in quickly. We also have very convenient hours including after-school and evening hours.
Let Us Know If You Have Questions on Any Aspect of Oral Health Care
Dr. Lorraine Burio of Candlewood Dental Care has been treating and educating patients for over twenty-five years. Our office serves the New Fairfield, New Milford, Danbury, and Sherman areas of CT and Pawling, Patterson and Putnam Lake of New York. You can call us at 203-746-1200 or make an appointment here.