We all know that celebrities have teams dedicated to making their look just right. They have stylists, makeup artists, fitness trainers and most likely very expensive dental work. Blemishes on your skin can be hidden with a few layers of concealer, but crooked or yellow teeth have no place to hide. We don’t all have to have toothpaste commercial worthy teeth, but we can definitely take a few tips from celebrities. Here are a few ways to improve your teeth.
- Oral Hygiene – Being diligent in brushing, flossing and gargling is the foundation for having beautiful teeth. The better you are at the basic cleaning of your teeth, the better your teeth will look.
- Lumineers – Ultra thin veneers that require special training to apply work better than thicker traditional veneers and are easier and less painful to implement. Lumineers leave you with a red carpet worthy flawless smile.
- Snap-on Smile – If you don’t want Lumineers, there is the Snap-on smile. This is a less permanent and more affordable solution that is great for people who want a painless solution to having perfect teeth. You can remove them whenever you need and wear them daily or only on special occasions.
- Monitor Your Diet – Certain foods can stain or make your teeth decay faster. Eat those foods in moderation (or avoid them altogether) to keep your smile bright.
- Use Tools Not Teeth – Don’t use your teeth to crack nuts, open packages, rip duct tape, etc. The nicer you treat your teeth the less likely they are to crack, chip, or be permanently damaged.
- Makeup – Tan skin and red lipstick with blue tones create an illusion making your teeth look whiter than they actually are. Stay away from the orange tones that tend to bring out the yellowness of your teeth. Always wear sunscreen if tanning and don’t over-tan just for your teeth!
- Over the Counter Whitening Strips – Using these every now and then if you don’t have time to go to the dentist can help maintain that white color.
Don’t ever overuse whitening products whether they are store-bought or homemade. Your dentist can give you the best options for keeping your pearly whites pristine. Dr. Lorraine Burio of Candlewood Dental Care has been treating patients for over twenty-five years. If you have any questions call our New Fairfield, CT office at 203-746-1200 or make an appointment here.