It’s important to find the cause of a tooth problem and have it fixed right away. A decayed or diseased tooth that goes without treatment can lead to further damage to neighboring teeth, gums and even the underlying bone.
At our practice, dental crowns are our “go-to” solution for many common tooth issues. Crowns are usually made of ceramics or porcelain, but sometimes may be formed from acrylic, gold or metal alloys. A crown fits on top of the tooth, like a cap, or slides in place of a missing tooth.
Crowns wear many hats – in other words, they fix or repair many dental problems.
Here are just a few:
- Covering a damaged or broken tooth.
- Partnering with implants. If a tooth is missing or has to be removed, a dental implant is a smart way to anchor a replacement tooth to the jawbone. A crown will cover a dental implant and act just like a normal tooth.
- Reshaping a damaged tooth. A crown fitting on top of a damaged tooth, including one worn from teeth grinding, one with past restorations, or a tooth with cracks or chips, can reshape and restore the tooth’s surface.
- Covering a tooth that has been treated with a root canal.
- Filling in teeth that have alignment issues or minor gaps.
- Covering teeth that are discolored or poorly shaped.
Same-Day Crowns Streamline Dental Restorations
Our state-of-the-art E4D Dentist System streamlines dental restorations with modern imaging technology for precise, natural-looking restorations.
We’ll scan your tooth with a laser wand that sends the information electronically to our in-house milling station. The design software allows us to add grooves and contours for a natural look and feel. We can customize the shade and luster to complement your smile and facial features. You can even preview how it will look!
Before you know it – and during the same visit – your crown is ready and installed. We use this same process for dental veneers which cover the front surfaces of the teeth with thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials.
Whether you need restorative crown work or are interested in cosmetic enhancements to your smile, our one-day crowns are the best solution for today’s busy lifestyle!
Let Us Know If You Have Questions on Any Aspect of Oral Health Care
Dr. Lorraine Burio of Candlewood Dental Care has been treating and educating patients for over twenty-five years. Our office serves the New Fairfield, New Milford, Danbury, and Sherman areas of CT and Pawling, Patterson and Putnam Lake of New York. You can call us at 203-746-1200 or make an appointment here.