Dentistry got a bad rap somewhere along the line. There’s no way to be sure exactly when this happened (maybe it was Little Shop of Horrors or maybe Horrible Bosses). Whatever the cause, a majority of the population associates bad prejudices with the word “dentist.” Our office works hard every day to change that perception and show our patients how proper dental care can have a huge positive effect on their lives. A healthy smile brings a great deal of value to your life whether you realize it or not. Don’t believe us? Check out these 5 ways dentistry can enhance your life:
1. You know how miserable it is to have a toothache if you’ve ever experienced one. It’s hard to sleep, eat or think of anything else because of the intensity of the pain. Maintaining healthy, strong teeth by maintaining routine dental cleanings guarantees toothaches will not interrupt your life.
2. A beautiful smile had been scientifically proven to boost confidence.
3. Most treatments done at the dentist last a lifetime. Some examples are orthodontics and dental implants. With life-long lifestyle improvements you should definitely have something to smile about!
4. Dentistry will greatly boost your oral health and appearance. Having a healthy smile has been proven to have a positive effect on your other organs including the heart.
5. Routine, preventative care visits to the dentist will help to keep any additional visits for restorative work to a minimum. Regular cleanings equals less time out of your schedule and less money you need to spend.
The above reasons and many more prove why you should have a positive view when you think about your next dentist appointment. If visiting the dentist may not have been something you’ve gotten happy about in the past, we want to change that!